Honored to be featured by....
Cloth Paper Scissors magazine article
I share the winding journey I took to find my calling with art, as well as how I handle artist's block in this article (that was also published in a blog) in one of my fave magazines. Check it out here!
Modern Mystic podcast interview
This is what host Tracy James said about our conversation - "Transitioning from Corporate job to full-time mixed media artist, Catherine Rains is an inspiring example of the process of making profound shifts in your life through embracing what currently is. Cat shares the story of finding her way to her deepest desire through the practices of asking for clear signs from the Universe, taking action on those signs, and falling in love with her life exactly as it is in every moment, no matter how difficult things might appear to be.
I decided it was finally time to share the beginning of my story to become a full time artist, which began with a childhood focused on my mothers severe mental illness. As a result, I turned into the unofficial mother of my family by the time I was 10 years old, teaching me the most important lessons of my life. This interview also includes the story of...
- how I went from "not having an artistic bone in my body" to claiming the title of artist
- manifesting my dream job with nothing more than a mantra and a wish
- surrendering to all life threw my way, including cancer and divorce, being truly grateful for it all
- my journey through corporate America to creating art full time, twice over!
The Creativity Habit podcast interview
How I went from "not having an artistic bone in my body", to art becoming my life's calling
The 3 core things I focused on while building my art business and working full-time
My daily routine: how I made art every day, mostly from hotel rooms while traveling for my day gig
The exact phrase and rituals I used to manifest my dream job
How I KNEW this was the time to finally quit my job
Courage and Clarity podcast interview
How To Stop Fighting Against Your Life & Fall In Love With It Instead
- How to stop fighting AGAINST your circumstances, and instead learn to work WITH them
- A few precise mantras to help you stop dwelling in "tomorrow", "what if", "if only" & "someday"
- How Catherine used this mindset shift to go from hating her job, to loving it so much she cried when her dream job came along
- How Catherine was able to believe that cancer & divorce were amazing gifts, even as they were happening to her.
Coming back podcast interview
Catherine Rains faced a triple-whammy of devastation—breast cancer, a divorce, and being pulled away from her beloved art. We're talking about the mindsets she used to come back from her losses and the inspiration she draws from life's happenings to create beautiful Instagram-famous collage art.
Luscious Living podcast interview
Igniting Your Creative Passion. Topics include:
- How Catherine balances a full-time “day gig” with her full-time artistic endeavors while growing a thriving Instagram community "on the side".
- The difference between "doing a job" and "having a calling".
- How her love for Instagram has turned her into a true influencer, spreading her message to a world-wide audience.
- What Catherine's morning routine looks like and the tools she uses to stay on track.
- A behind the scenes look into how traveling for work has pushed her to think outside the box and proven that no matter what the challenge there is always an answer, not an excuse, if you are willing to get a little creative.